Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Color runs

Many of my friends are participating in 5Ks- in their local communities, at Disney World, at the beach.... all in the name of getting healthy and motiviated and giving back to charities they support.  My amazing friends even held a 5K in my honor last month.  I've never run in a 5K!  My friend, Robert, always said, "If I'm running, you better stop and pick me up because someone's chasing me!"  That's pretty much summed up my running philosophy. 

But lately, I've wanted to jump on the bandwagon.  I love the idea of being able to get involved in the Monster runs -- bootcamp type courses, drinking, and hanging with your new 1000 friends.  But, let's not kid-- I wouldn't make it through those courses, at least not in the required time.  The parking lot would be empty by the time I finished and I'd miss the drinking.  HA! 

Here is my new way to get involved and be a part of this trend without killing myself!!  I saw it online today and had to share!  If there's a color run near you, definitely check it out!  There are so many being planned now that you can pick one or two... or five and support organizations in your local community! 

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/feb/12/charitable-5k-color-runs-turn-people-into-organic/?entertainmentlifeentertainment

**And I need to shout out to all of my peeps who attended the Cocoa Loco in Cumming, GA!  What an amazing day that was and I thank you so much for traveling from other states to come spend the day supporting my fight!  I love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment