Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thing 1 and Thing 2



Since this is a blog about my life, it's sure to include my favorite people!  Two such people are my nephews.  They are precious- even though I'm biased.  I love them more than I ever thought possible!!

Because this is a public blog, I will only refer to them by their first initial.  I just think it's the safest way to refer to them.  I got the idea from a friend who refers to her own children that way and it seems to work well.  But I may also refer to them as Thing 1 and Thing 2.  My older nephew, A, is in LOVE with Cat in the Hat.  But recently has developed a fascination with Things 1 & 2.  So, in his honor, that may be his nickname here. 

As I sit and write this, A (Thing1) is singing along to a Cat in the Hat movie.  I love his sweet spirit and little voice.  He loves coming to Mimi and Papas house.  Of course, Mimi and Papa let him do what he wants to most of the time.  It's been sometimes confusing to him because I (Cici) have lived at both my brother's house and my parents' house.  He sees me in both places and you can see the wheels turning as to where I belong!  He's just precious!!! 

Little L (Thing2) is my buddy!  Truly!  When I moved to Chattanooga, we worked it out that I'd keep him instead of sending him to daycare.  That only lasted 2 weeks, but he won my heart for sure. His smile is contagious and he's so good natured.  He's going to grow up to be a hunk of a kid with red hair (at least so far).  He just turned 9 months old and I can't wait to see his personality really develop as he starts to be mobile and talk. 

There may be a time where I include pictures.  We shall see. 

I wanted to write about them today because I got to nap with both of these boys today and it was such a precious time.  When I put him in his bed, Thing 1 proudly showed me where he'd colored on the sheets last time he was here.  He was so unapologetic and so proud of his handywork.  I couldn't help but be pleased for him.  Besides, it's a sheet.  If it's got pen scribble on it, will it keep him from sleeping?  No!  In fact, he can go to bed knowing that we love his creativity!!  Thing 2 is still small enough to nap in the big bed with Cici without being able to get out.  He talks himself to sleep- but almost as if he's scolding you for making him go to sleep. 

As must as they fight it, it's obvious how much both boys love naptime!  Much like Cici!!!


2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this post!!! You are such a precious aunt, and Thing 1 and Thing 2 are lucky to have YOU!! That was my attempt at a Dr. Seuss rhyme. :) I hope you and the boys have wonderful sleeps tonight! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read this post it puts tears in my eyes. Your the best aunt and the best sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete