Saturday, April 20, 2013

I *heart* my tennis shoes!

Those that know me well, know that I love shoes!  I love flip flops, flats, pumps, boots, wedges, sandals, sneakers.... I love them ALL!  I can't own enough shoes!  My closet is normally full of all kinds of shoes.  For now, though, most of them are packed up in storage.  When I packed up my house, I didn't pack for this long period of time away from my things.  HA!  I would've packed completely different if I had known I was going to get sick and not have my own real space by now!  Oh well! 

This week was chemo #9!!  I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Dear God, don't let it be the train!!!  So, I've spent my days sleeping and today mom and I went out and spent a girls morning/afternoon at the flower show and antique shopping.  I felt like I was walking on air today.  The sun was out, the weather was warm, and I felt like being out for the first time in days!  When I was leaving to meet my mom, I just threw my shoes on.  It was a toss up between flip flops and tennis shoes.  I opted out of flip flops because I'm not flip flop polished or ready to go in a moments notice. 

So, as we were walking around the flower show, I had a moment of realization that I was so glad to be wearing tennis shoes and not wearing slippers around the house!  It gave me a much needed boost! A pep in my step that I haven't noticed a lot lately.  It means I wasn't in my pjs anymore this week- not stuck in bed because I'm too dang tired to do anything!    It means that I wasn't schleping out into the yard with my hair all CRAZY, sticking up from sleeping.  It meant that I was out and about, enjoying this day and the Chattanooga community! 

Today, I love my tennis shoes!

Now... to go try to find my boots!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment